The Tatars are one of the oldest minorities in Finland. They arrived via Saint Petersburg, where they were traders. For a hundred years they have kept their culture, religion and language, while adapting to Finnish society. Part of the Tatars moved to Sweden.
- Horsemeat in the culinary traditions of the Mishär Tatar diaspora in the eastern Baltic Sea region: cultural and historical aspects, Journal of Ethnic Foods (with I. Svanberg and R. Bekkin, open access) 2020
- Easy to Read books — a method for developing literacy in endangered languages, EL Blog (about Tatar Easy books; open access) 2020
- Review of Tatar Empire, Studia Orientalia Electronica (open access) 2020
- Studia Orientalia Electronica Special Issue: Tatars in Finland in the Transnational Context of the Baltic Sea Region (guest editor; open access) 2020
- Tatars in Sweden (with I. Svanberg). Muslim Tatar Minorities in the Baltic Sea Region 2016
- Tatars in Saint Petersburg (with R. Bekkin). Muslim Tatar Minorities in the Baltic Sea Region 2016
- Tatars in the Baltic Sea region (with I. Svanberg). Baltic Rim Economies 2017