The Tatars are one of the oldest minorities in Finland. They arrived via Saint Petersburg, where they were traders. For a hundred years they have kept their culture, religion and language, while adapting to Finnish society. Part of the Tatars moved to Sweden.
- Review of Tatar Empire, Studia Orientalia Electronica (free access) 2020
- Studia Orientalia Electronica Special Issue: Tatars in Finland in the Transnational Context of the Baltic Sea Region (guest editor; free access) 2020
- Tatars in Sweden (with I. Svanberg). Muslim Tatar Minorities in the Baltic Sea Region 2016
- Tatars in Saint Petersburg (with R. Bekkin). Muslim Tatar Minorities in the Baltic Sea Region 2016
- Tatars in the Baltic Sea region (with I. Svanberg). Baltic Rim Economies 2017