The Balkan Peninsula is a fascinating region with a rich past. Travelling in the footsteps of earlier visitors adds a historical dimension to the journeys. There is also a lot of good food – especially in Bulgaria, the land of Orpheus.
The Black Sea offers a completely different adventure.
- Finnish Guard in the Balkans 1877–1878
- The music played as the boys marched to the ramparts of Gorni Dubnik – Finnish views on the Ottoman-Russian war of 1877–78. Article.
- Journey to Colchis. Göran Schildt’s trip to the Black Sea in 1963
- In Orpheus’ land. Bulgarian food and wine
- Dog weather on the Black Sea. Children’s book about Jason and the Argonauts